Thursday, October 30, 2014

HD Walk For Hope Weekend




We had our HD Walk for HOPE Weekend  and it was a huge success, we exceeded our $5,000 goal. I would like to say thanks to all the people that made it possible, you all know who you are.

Friday night we had the concert with local Christian and Bluegrass groups, Hammertowne, Larry Cordle and my Step Mothers group Living Water. They all done such an amazing job.



I made these collages of Dad and put them on a poster to hang up during the concert and carry during our walk. Just some pictures throughout his life some before HD, some after HD.

Saturday morning while sitting at a red light Taylor my oldest son who is 7, asked me why are we raising money for Huntington's Disease, I told him because that is what Papaw Jeff passed away from and we are raising money for people that have HD and money to find a cure. He then asked the dreaded question, "Does everyone that has Huntington's disease pass away like Papaw Jeff did, Mommy?'' I felt a pit in my throat and at that time I didn't know what to tell my Son. All I could say is we have to have HOPE that one day there will be a cure. Then it happened, a song came on the radio that was played at my Dad's funeral, Kansas- Carry On Wayward Son. If that wasn't a sign I don't know what is. I told Dad "Good morning and to watch over us today." Of course by this time I had tears in my eyes but I knew he was with us, just at the right time...telling me it was going to be okay.

 The boys and I made it to the church and started helping getting things together. Luke my youngest who is 4 decided he wanted to help put the sign out. It made my heart smile seeing everyone there helping to raise awareness for HD. As I have done the last 2 years, I walked with my Husband and our boys. Trying to make a difference in such a devastating disease, for myself, my family and every other person that is affected from HD.
I would also like to say thank you to The Levisa Lazer  in Louisa for doing a article on our HD Hope Weekend. I will post the link below.
                               HD Walk For Hope Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment